CLASS POWERHOUSE WITH BIG WHEELS
The RM85L is the bike that meets every first-time motocross racers demand, with even bigger wheels for better handling and comfort. The high revving 85cc reed valve engine features alloy exhaust valves for more stable combustion, in combination with the Keihin PE28 carburettor.At ground level, inverted Showa cartridge forks use a progressive valve system with damping tuned to match the strong rear shock. The braking system boasts large discs and a twin-piston caliper up front.To top it off, you also get the RM85L big wheel, with 19 inch front and 16 inch rear tyres, offering a 1,280mm wheelbase and 875mm seat height.
Large wheel only; small wheel no longer available as a factory model.
Bonus Race Kit
Giving you the edge over the competition, the bonus Race Kit makes the RM85 more aggressive than ever to keep you at the pointy end of the field.
84.7cm3, 2-stroke, liquid-cooled, crankcase reed-valve engine with bore and stroke of 48.0mm x 46.8mm. The cylinder features Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) for durability, weight reduction and effective heat transfer to get superior class performance.
The RM85 comes with a twin-piston caliper front brake with 220mm large-diameter disc provide unrivaled braking performance with excellent feel at the lever.
37mm Showa front forks
Showa 37mm inverted front forks are completely adjustable for rider weight, style and ability. The forks feature a cartridge damping system with fullyadjustable
rebound damping and 20-way adjustable compression damping. The front forks offer 275mm of travel, for smooth, confident handling over tough terrain and difficult tracks.
- Exhaust valves made of aluminium to match well the expansion rate of the cylinder itself improve sealing.
- The exhaust valve governor and actuator with good throttle response and tractability.
- Digital CDI map offers the suitable engine performance at high rpm.
- Smooth shifting 6-speed transmission features a fully worked-out shift mechanism, including strong shift-drum detent spring and needle bearing on the left side of the shift drum.
- Knurled shift-pedal tip delivers excellent grip and shift feel.
- Tubular steel frame and aluminium swingarm with thick wall for performance on the track, especially in the corners.
- A Showa rear shock absorber, with its large diameter shock body, is designed and properly valved to produce a plush feel and increase bottoming resistance.
- The Showa rear shock provides 277mm of wheel travel for smooth, consistent handling and performance on demanding racetracks.
- Light small-diameter front and rear brake hose. Front brake hose is routed behind the fork leg, eliminating the need for a brake hose cover and reducing weight.
- Rigid rear brake caliper with reliable braking performance, long pad life and easy maintenance.
- Plastic rear brake caliper guard reduces the possibility of deformation and saving weight as well.
- The RM85L comes with 19-inch front and 16-inch rear tyres, longer 1,280mm wheelbase and higher 875mm of seat height.
- Footpegs are made of cast chrome-molybdenum steel, instead of stamped steel, making them more durable with better grip.
- A long clutch lever makes it easy to accurately locate and work the engagement point during starts and when clutching off at corners.
|ENGINE||SINGLE CYLINDER, 2-STROKE, REED-VALVE, LIQUID-COOLED|
|TRANSMISSION||6-SPEED CONSTANT MESH|
|FRONT SUSPENSION||37MM SHOWA INVERTED FORKS, FULLY ADJUSTABLE|
|REAR SUSPENSION||SHOWA SHOCK WITH COMPRESSION AND DAMPING ADJUSTMENT|
|FRONT BRAKES||SINGLE 220MM DISC, LIGHTWEIGHT TWIN PISTON CALIPER|
|REAR BRAKES||SINGLE 200MM DISC, LIGHTWEIGHT CALIPER|
|FUEL CAPACITY||5 LITRES|
|COLOURS||CHAMPION YELLOW NO. 2|
|SEAT HEIGHT||875 MM|
|WET WEIGHT||74 KG|