2018 SUZUKI GSX250R, LAMS APPROVED NOW HERE.
The all-new GSX250R is a fully faired street machine that brings the excitement and riding satisfaction of Suzuki’s sport bike heritage to a broader audience and is ready to perform as the all-round urban athlete.
Featuring sporty good looks, responsive yet easy-to-control performance, nimble handling, and a comfortable riding position, the GSX250R is equally at home on the daily commute as it is when long distance touring.
The 248cm3 parallel-twin engine that powers the GSX250R underwent thorough analysis and optimisation to maximize low- to mid-range torque and provide a powerful ride that features ease of control.
Power where you need it
The cam profile for the GSX250R delivers maximum acceleration performance at speeds between 20km/h to 90km/h, as this is the range that is used most often. As an additional benefit, the cam profile also suppresses noise generation to deliver a smoother, more pleasant ride.
Wheels, tires and brakes designed to perform
The sporty flair of newly designed 10-spoke wheels pairs with IRC tires that provide a solid grip on the road. Stopping power is provided by Petal-type front and rear disc brakes. An Antilock Brake System (ABS) made by BOSCH delivers greater rider confidence and control.
The relatively low mounting point of the separate left and right handlebars is sporty, but at the same time designed to provide a comfortable riding position that is comfortable around town or when touring.
Full LCD instrumentation
The GSX250R features a reverse-lit LCD instrument panel. Readouts include the speedometer, tachometer, gear position and RPM indicator, odometer, dual tripmeters, fuel gauge, average fuel consumption and oil change timing indicators, and a clock.
Distinctive position lamps and taillight design
Enhancing the sporty, aggressive look and futuristic flair of the GSX250R are newly designed surface-emitting LEDs employed by the position lamps up front and the taillight in the rear. Their smooth edge-to-edge illumination and the chevron-like shape that flanks the headlight create a truly distinctive and highly appealing lighting scheme.
Independent rider and passenger seats
The GSX250R adopts the sporty styling of independent seats for the rider and passenger. Even so, each seat provides plenty of cushioning to make long rides comfortable. The slim design of the fuel tank also helps the rider easily plant their feet on the ground when stopped.
- New fully-faired, quarter-litre sportsbike with aggressive, flowing styling true to the Suzuki heritage
- Comfortable, roomy ergonomics for rider and passenger, with a slim fuel tank that helps the rider easily plant their feet on the ground when stopped.
- Intelligent engine design and fuel-injection (EFI) tuning yields class-leading fuel economy while satisfying world-wide emission requirements.
- The EFI also stabilises the engine idle and helps provide nearly linear throttle response for clean, exciting performance.
- The valve train employs new, roller type rocker arms for valve actuation to reduce mechanical losses.
- New intake valves have a slimmer stem profile near the head to optimise airflow into the combustion chamber.
- Reshaped, low-tension piston rings are used to reduce friction while a special honing pattern on the cylinder wall increases oil retention for additional friction reduction.
- A coupling-type balancer shaft fitted to the engine’s crankshaft reduces vibration and enhances rider comfort.
- A new type of oil pump is used in the GSX250R to reduce frictional loss while providing excellent engine lubrication.
- Dual head-pipes effectively route the exhaust through a high-flow catalyzer and into a new, stylish solo muffler covered with a buffed stainless-steel shield.
- A six-speed transmission, with gear ratios well mated to the engine output, further improves low- to mid-range power delivery.
- The GSX250R’s bodywork features a sporty and aggressive style with a futuristic flair. Select styling cues from historic and current Suzuki sportbikes appeal to both new and experienced riders.
- The fairing routes cooling air to the radiator while moving hot air from the engine away from the rider.
- The front of the motorcycle features unique dual LED position lights, angular fairing-mounted mirrors and an effective sport windshield that incorporates slots to reduce wind buffeting.
- The stylish and trim fuel tank holds 15.0L of fuel for excellent riding range.
- The comfortable contoured rider’s seat has a low seat height of 790mm.
- The semi double-cradle frame provides exceptional support for the GSX250R’s effective running gear and exciting bodywork.
- The well-tuned telescopic front fork soaks up bumps for smooth tracking up front – whether riding irregular city streets or faster open roads.
- Rear suspension action is handled by a mono-shock system that stays hidden from view to augment the bike’s performance style. With seven-way adjustable spring preload, the rear suspension can be tuned for a passenger or cargo.
- The 5-way adjustable front brake lever allows the rider to position the lever for comfort and confidence.
- The bright halogen headlight is bracketed by a pair of distinctive position lamps using new tech, surface-emitting LEDs.
- The rear taillight also uses surface-emitting LEDs for excellent visibility to traffic.
- The turn signals feature amber incandescent bulbs with clear lenses and are well placed to not interfere with a passenger or luggage.
- New, projected tip style spark plugs speed up the rate of combustion, improving throttle response and fuel economy.
- The GSX250R uses an open type regulator/rectifier to reduce charging system draw that can rob power from the engine. A maintenance-free battery makes sure the motorcycle starts quickly each time.
2018 GSX250R SPECIFICATIONS
|ENGINE||TWIN-CYLINDER, 4-STROKE, SOHC, LIQUID-COOLED|
|TRANSMISSION||6-SPEED CONSTANT MESH|
|FRONT SUSPENSION||KYB TELESCOPIC, COIL SPRING, OIL DAMPED|
|REAR SUSPENSION||KYB REAR SHOCK|
|FRONT BRAKES||SINGLE PETAL DISC WITH ABS|
|REAR BRAKES||SINGLE PETAL DISC WITH ABS|
|FUEL CAPACITY||15 LITRES|
|COLOURS||METALLIC TRITON BLUE NO. 2 / PEARL NEBULAR BLACK|
|WARRANTY||2 YEAR UNLIMITED KILOMETRE|
|SEAT HEIGHT||790 MM|
|WET WEIGHT||181 KG|
RRP $6,790 RIDE AWAY
Contact our sales team to organise your demonstration.